'Looking forward to meet Rajni Sir' Deepika Padukone

Looking forward to meet Rajni Sir'  Deepika Padukone

deepika pundukne
Deepika Padukone has her hands full these days. Wrapping up two films, she has got busy shooting Rajinikanth's Rana. TWF correspondent Sreya Basu catches up with the actor at a Mumbai event
You too have created a new record in Bollywood by finishing dubbing for Aarakshan in four days. What do you have to say on that?

Dubbing is very important for a film, it’s not a competition, it’s not about how many days you take to complete the film. I personally feel dubbing can actually enhance one’s performance. So, there is no rush; as long as you do it properly and your director is happy about your dubbing. Prakashji (Jha) was happy with our dubbing…that was more important for us.



What are the films you are doing at the moment?

I just completed two films-Aarakshan and Desi Boyz- both will hopefully release this year. I have also started shooting for Rajni Sir’s (Rajinikanth) Rana. I will start shooting Cocktail with Saif (Ali Khan) by this month. And there’s Race 2 that starts at the end of this year.



How was it shooting with Rajinikanth?

I haven’t shot a scene with Rajini Sir yet…we just met at the puja during the mahurat of the film. The song that I have shot, is a solo one. I shot the song for six days and still half the song is left. This film (Rana) is CG heavy…there’s lot of post-work that needs to be done. So we have to spend a lot of time on the shoots. I am really looking forward to meet Rajini Sir in the next schedule.



For the first time we will get to see you pairing up with John Abraham in Desi Boyz. How is he as a co-star?

He is a wonderful co-star, very supportive and great fun to be around.



Superhero flicks are getting too much attention in Bollywood. What if you are offered to play a superwoman? And whom do you want to play the male lead?

If I can carry a superwoman film myself, I would love to. Otherwise, I would like to be cast with Aamir (Khan).


You seem to have found a new way of endorsing sunscreen for Neutrogena…

(Laughs) You are talking about the event, right? We were promoting skincare, how to protect your skin from the sun, and at the same time, we set a world record. So, if you can do two things at the same time, why not? Also, this is the brand I endorse. So, on a personal note, I am absolutely thrilled to have been a part of Neutrogena’s successful attempt in breaking the Guinness World Record for the Largest Umbrella Mosaic.


How do you escape the UV rays, especially when you have to spent long hours outdoor?

I always use Neutrogena Sunblock...it works wonderfully on my skin; and coincidentally I started using the product even before I was roped in to endorse the brand. In fact, it happens with me most of the time. I end up endorsing the products that I use in daily life.


How do you select a product for endorsement?

The first thing I see is that if I connect with the product or not. I know we all say this. But it is very important for me because when you go out and talk about a product, you have to understand what you are saying and the product as well. Then of course, it has to suit my age and personality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews