Kim Kardashian takes legal nude


Kim Kardashian takes legal action after picture of her naked breasts is 'exploited' for album cover

Last updated at 2:32 PM on 25th May 2011
Kim Kardashian has taken legal action after someone used a photograph of her bare breasts on an album cover.
The 30-year-old star was stunned when she saw the image of herself taken from W magazine used on the cover of Terrace Martin & Devi Dev Present: The Sex EP.
Kardashian's lawyers then sent a cease and desist letter to Martin and Dev, asking them to take the picture off the album cover.
Angry: Kim Kardashian has taken legal action after an image of her naked breasts from inside W magazine was used on an album cover
Angry: Kim Kardashian has taken legal action after an image of her naked breasts from inside W magazine was used on an album cover
In the letter, the legal team state: 'We cannot imagine why you thought you had the right to use this photograph without permission.'
 
And Dev told gossip website TMZ.com they had no idea they were using Kardashian's picture.
He said: 'We didn't even know they were her boobies because obviously I don't recognize her by her nipples.'
'Exploited': Terrace Martin and Devi Dev say they had no idea the image was of Kim
'Exploited': Terrace Martin and Devi Dev say they had no idea the image was of Kim
The image of Kardashian in W magazine have been a source of problems for the reality TV star.
Kardashian was seen breaking down in tears after being shown the finished design for the cover on her reality show Kourtney & Kim Take New York.
She cried: '"[I was told] this artist will put images of architecture and buildings and stuff on top of me so you will see my body shape and the outline but not actually my boobs or anything.
'But I'm more naked here than I was in my Playboy!'
However, a spokesperson for W came forward to insist as far as they were aware, Kardashian knew what they were planning with the shoot.
Controversial: Kim, who is said to feel 'exploited' by the cover, was seen out for lunch last week
Controversial: Kim, who is said to feel 'exploited' by the cover, was seen out for lunch last week
Controversial: Kim, who is said to feel 'exploited' by the cover, was seen out for lunch last week
The spokesperson said: 'In keeping in line with the theme of W Magazine's November Art Issue, Kim Kardashian's cover was conceived as an artistic collaboration with well-known artist Barbara Kruger, and was a meditation on the influence that reality TV has on contemporary culture.
'The inside portfolio documented the career and power of Kim Kardashian as a work of art, using the language of artists like Jeff Koons, and Gilbert & George.'
But Kim later said she had come to accept the pictures during an interview with Ryan Seacret on his KIIS-FM show.
She explained: 'I love it now and I'm glad that I did it, but when you are told something and it's not what you think it's going to be, I was so shocked. I felt like I'd been here and done this and kind of wanted to move on from that.
'At the end of the day they are gorgeous photos and I'm glad I did it and I love them, but at the time I was shocked about how they weren't how I thought they would be.
'I knew what I was doing. I took my clothes off, I did a nude shoot but it wasn't supposed to be that way so I was upset.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1390687/Kim-Kardashian-takes-legal-action-picture-naked-breasts-exploited-album-cover.html#ixzz1NQTsisQT




Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews